How to Trade
I know it can be really intimidating as a new trader to try to contact people with little to no items on your list, not knowing what you’re doing. It’s why I made this guide. Read all the other sections first, and then read this one.
How to Begin as a Trader
- Make an email specifically for trading. This is how other people will contact you.
- Go to places where traders gather (especially Musical Exchange) and make a post there saying that you are a new trader, and you are wondering if any kind and generous person will help you out by gifting you some things. Leave them your email or other method of contact. Our community is very generous, and it is likely that you will get a few replies from people. Also, Search for gifts on tumblr, Google, the discord chat, etc. Get ALL the gifts. Getting gifts will build up your list, and make it more likely people will see something they want to trade you for. Do not beg people who have already gifted you things for more gifts though. That's sort of rude.
- Make your list with your newly acquired gifts. Post this list places and perhaps you’ll receive a few replies. Mention that you’re a new trader in your posts. People will be more forgiving of mistakes you make.
How to Trade
- Search for things you want on other people’s lists.
- READ THEIR RULES. Some traders will leave a "password" in their rules to make sure you read them.
- Contact them for a trade. Be polite, use readable spelling! Send them your list and what you want from them in your first email: people will judge you if you don't. Even if nothing on your list is in their wants, sometimes they’ll trade you anyway because any trade is a good trade. Sometimes they won't reply. Wait a week before sending a follow-up email, then if they still haven't replied, move on.
- If you have contacted someone first, it is common courtesy to send your items first. Likewise, if someone contacts you first, they will send their items first. Be patient. It takes time to upload stuff.
How to be a Success
- Buy something from a master that you know is something people want, wait until the NFT date has passed, and trade it out. You’ll be one of the only people who have it, so people will be more likely to trade you.
- Download your stuff! Back up your collection everywhere you can. Hard drives fail all the time, Hosting Sites get seized by the FBI, and laptops fry. You don't want to lose your collection, so be kind to it and save it in multiple locations. Links never stay up permanently, so download EVERYTHING.
- Have fun yo.